February 9, 2018

Five Minute Friday | privilege


The word is privilege.

I decided to look the word up to see if it stirs something.

privilege
noun
  1. 1.
    a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.

    "education is a right, not a privilege"

I am noticing the example.

I am thankful that in Canada, it is a right, not a privilege, to go to school.

As we know this is not true all over the world.

When I think of my little ones at school, I can't imagine any of them not being allowed to be there.

I can't imagine any of them being told they can't come to school because they don't have enough money or because they are a girl or because they don't believe the same or because they don't have the same skin color.

............................................................................................................

The Five Minute Friday writing challenge is hosted by Kate Motaung.
The challenge is to write for five minutes on a given word. Just write.


2 comments:

  1. I agree, education is something that should be available for everyone. It is easy to take it for granted when we live somewhere that it is freely available (I'm in the UK). It's awful to think that this is not the case in many other places. Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here.