April 4, 2017

Slice of Life | After Recess


When the kids came in from recess, there were non-stop complaints about each other. I was frustrated. They were frustrated. I felt grumpy, and then said, "I need to sit down and breathe." After a moment (and a whisper from God my Helper), I continued with, "Please think about what you did. Did you hurt someone? Maybe this would be a good time to go to that person and make amends. We can say, "I'm sorry."  One little girl stood up and went to another little girl. She spoke to her and then they hugged. I watched this happen with other students around the room. God can turn difficult moments into beautiful moments. 


https://twowritingteachers.org/2016/07/05/its-tuesday-write-share-give/


5 comments:

  1. A beautiful slice! Children need to be given these opportunities. We can't solve all their problems for them. The beautiful image you created is how the little girl started and others copied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you took a breath and turned it into a teachable moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so wonderful! Breathe, pray, receive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you're glad, and said the words that helped. I bet they'll remember, Loralee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so special. What a beautiful moment to see Him working through you and into your children. I'm going to have to remember this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here.