January 5, 2016

Slice of Life | Reading


I've overheard some great lines about reading from Annie, and I've jotted them down in my notebook.
While looking for second-hand books at Frenchy's, she said to a friend, "I read books that people tell me about." 
That same afternoon she laughed and said, "Reading helped me survive." I think she had been talking about the long bus rides home or the busy class she had been in years ago. 
After noticing another Shakespeare line in a movie, she grinned and said, "I love reading. It makes me feel smarter."
Annie's words capture what we want to remember as teachers. Always give them time to read, connect them with good books, and encourage them to talk about them. 


https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/challenges/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being here.