June 9, 2015

Slice of Life | I get to


Last week, I read a post by Melanie Meehan on Just Write, Melanie. At a tender time in her life, she wrote of holding on to moments and how there is a difference between the words "have to" and "get to".

What a wonderful way to see and think!

I have to do the laundry.
I get to do the laundry.

I have to do report cards.
I get to do report cards.

I have to wash the dishes.
I get to do the dishes.

What do you get to do?

I have to _.
I get to _.


https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/2015/06/09/tuesdaysol/


4 comments:

  1. Interesting way to shift your lens into a more positive focus. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being here again, Molly.

      I haven't been able to find your link...Would you be able to leave it here for me? :0)

      Delete
  2. It was a beautiful idea, wasn't it, Loralee? I 'get to' do my evaluations and celebrate all the wonderful work that students have done this year! Makes it better, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here.