November 1, 2013

Dilly Dallying


I am still dilly dallying.

Maybe I will finally join "Slice of Life" where writing teachers share their words online, and take time to respond to each other.

It's something we want for our students. We want them to be writing, sharing, and encouraging.

I was encouraged by Michelle, my teaching friend from afar, to start a blog and to join this wonderful community.

I write in a journal, but I don't know if I have writing worthy of a blog.

Then I remember something I saved from Ruth Ayres.
Writing matters because:
  • We realize it's not as easy as it seems.
  • We are changed when we collect our thoughts and share them with others.
  • We realize how quickly a community is established when people share their writing with one another.
  • We gain insight in how to talk like a writer.
  • We understand the vulnerability that comes with putting words on the page.
I think it's time to start writing more.


4 comments:

  1. Writing does matter. I had forgotten I wrote those words. Thanks for the reminder. I needed it today. Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so thankful you write. Your words help me tremendously as a teacher. And your words about family and faith warm my heart.

      Delete
  2. I think I agree. It's time to start writing more. I love Ruth's words as well. I need to jot those down to remind myself! Thanks for sharing and joining in the writing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being here.